Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Washington Post Editorial on Converting to Catholicism

Here's something you don't see everyday--at least in the mainstream media: a positive portrayal of Catholicism.

The Washington Post has an editorial up by one Bob Arscott. He describes his journey to Catholicism.

A major moment for him was the birth of his granddaughter.
". . . it was after I was confirmed that I learned of the power of prayer- through the birth of my grandchild. My daughter lost one child early on and was told there were problems with her next conception. Unbeknowst to anyone, my wife prayed to St. Gianna for help. When my daughter gave birth to a little girl, she named her Gianna. She never knew my wife was praying to St. Gianna. She just liked the name."
He concludes,
"When I became a Catholic I felt as if the missing pieces in my life were put into place. The road that I travel on today is completely different and more rewarding. To be completely dedicated to Christ and his way is a full time commitment and a struggle every day. With the help and guidance of the Church, family and friends, hopefully I can make a better mark on this world."
Read the whole thing here.

1 comment:

Sister Mary Agnes said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful article!