Monday, May 06, 2019

The Divine Shepherd: "I and the Father are One" (The Mass Readings Explained)

This week's video for The Mass Readings Explained is now out for the 4th Sunday of Easter.

Enjoy!

Catholic Productions' Notable Quote:
"So notice, what is God saying? He’s saying because the shepherds of Israel (the chief priests and the elders) have proven themselves to be wicked, he is going to come in person and save his flock. He’s going to come in person and gather the scattered sheep of the people of Israel. 


So in that context, think about it, if you’re a first century Jew, you’re waiting for the age of the messiah, you’re waiting for the age of salvation, and you know the prophecy of Ezekiel, that God says, 'In the future age of salvation, when I gather the people of Israel once again, I’m going to come myself and be the good shepherd.' In that context, Jesus now comes in the Temple and says, 'I am the good shepherd, my sheep hear my voice. I know them. I give them eternal life.'”


The Mass Readings Explained -- The Divine Shepherd

No comments: